5 Critical Reasons for Network Traffic Analysis
As communication and network infrastructure grows in size and complexity, having a complete view and understanding of your network environment (including the amount and type of network traffic going back and forth) becomes vital to your business’ health and operations.
Having the right tools to do the job is just as important. If you can’t quickly determine the source, destination, rate and the type of traffic going across the network, you don’t have the right tool.
Enter, Network Traffic Analysis and the key reasons for why it should be a tool that every Systems Administrator and IT Professional should be using on a daily basis.
1. Isolating High Bandwidth Consumers
Knowing there is heavy usage or a spike in bandwidth is one thing, but being able to quickly isolate and identify who (or what) is causing them is another.
With network traffic analysis you are able to quickly isolate and identify the who, the what and where - in real time.
2. Determining Network Traffic Utilization trends
3. Finding Rogue Users, Problem Devices and Process
Rogue users, devices and processes are not only security threats to your network but also the cause of network slowdowns and outages. Being able to detect and eliminate them are crucial to your network’s accessibility and your company’s operations.
4. Historical Analysis and Audits
Types of Reports available
Network Activity Report, Conversation Report
A report that displays network communication and bandwidth usage between source and host devices (and IPs) as well as the port(s) of communication (TCP / UDP)
Protocol Analysis Report
A report showing the network traffic utilization along with a traffic analysis breakdown by communication ports (TCP UDP)
Web Traffic Report
Displays web pages (urls) and IPs visited by specific devices or workstations on the network along with the timestamps
Email Traffic and Inspection Reports
Displays detailed statistics and information between email hosts and recipients
5. Forensic Audits – Traffic Capture
Try Network Traffic Analysis For Yourself
Access Our Live Demo Below
• Monitor and Analyze Network Traffic, Bandwidth Utilization, Devices' Performance, and SNMP SYSLOGs all-in-one easy to use interface.
• Error Detection / Alerting with Problem Recognition.
• View Historical Data and Produce Highly Detailed Custom Reports about anything and everything on your network.